Rethink everything about hair...
1. By creating healthier, more sustainable hair care products that respect the environment and your hair's ecosystem and
2. By changing the way hair products are sold and empowering hairdressers to participate in e-commerce and profit from their influence.
Everything about us is different: we care about the planet; our products clean without detergent; our hairdressers sell without inventory; and our goal as a business is to be self-sustaining versus taking over the world.
Your Career at Hairstory
Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager
The Sr. Lifecycle Marketing Manager is part of a growing team reporting into the Head of Marketing and hired to maximize engagement and retention. You are an expert in audience segmentation and will manage end-to-end campaign development, including optimization and execution of CRM campaigns across all channels. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of CRM best practices within the B2C and B2B spaces and be able to leverage user behavioral insights to create and establish personalized relationships with our customers. You’ll work with a team of highly energized and collaborative colleagues and own the implementation of next-level Digital-Marketing/Ecommerce projects. We are looking for driven, self-starters who are ready to work in a fast paced startup environment and thrive on seizing opportunity gaps.
What You'll Do
- Define and drive our customer adoption, engagement and re-engagement strategy across targetable channels, including email, SMS, paid-retargeting and push notifications
- Configure and optimize cross-channel customer segmentation and lifecycle campaigns
- Guide and lead implementations integrating Digital Marketing, Ecommerce and CRM software platforms.
- Utilize technical capabilities to create digital marketing and data management solutions
- Identify the key behaviors that correlate to increased usage and brand affinity and our product line
- Test, learn, and refine all personalized customer journeys to influence customer behavior and move towards higher LTV paths and loyalists
- Compose creative briefs that clearly communicate business objectives, best practices, and considerations for engaging content
- Work with digital product and engineering teams on improvements and fixes that optimize the customer experience
- Keep stakeholders aligned on lifecycle program performance and provide ad hoc analysis as needed
- Work closely with team or independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices, competitive landscape and explore ways to apply these findings
What You'll Need
- 4-5+ yrs in a marketing position with demonstrated experience in CRM and lifecycle marketing
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work effectively in fast-paced environment
- Analytically minded with ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Experience working with and in ESP and reporting dashboards
- Advanced experience with Iterable(or other CRM platforms), Ecommerce Platforms and Google Analytics
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Stays current with CRM marketing strategies (i.e. signing up for products just to get a glimpse at their onboarding emails)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work effectively across departments and teams
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
The Sr. Growth Marketing Manager is part of a growing team reporting into the Head of Marketing, hired to strategize and determine the optimal media mix to drive new customers to the brand. You are an expert across paid media (search, paid social FB/IG, TikTok, Snap, YouTube, etc.) and will be responsible for both strategy and implementation to reach our acquisition goal within our CAC ranges. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and have familiarity with building attribution models. We’re looking for someone who is test-obsessed and always looking to uncover new learnings and apply them.
What You'll Do
- Relentlessly focus on customer acquisition and own, drive, and report on key metrics related to customer acquisition cost, channel/campaign LifeTime Value (LTV), and overall channel growth.
- Lead strategy, management, optimization and execution of all paid media activity, including Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Scale existing channels and launch new and emerging paid media channels.
- Responsible for managing budget and cost efficiency of growth marketing spend.
- Implement best practice experimentation frameworks using analysis and attribution methodology.
- Partner closely with data, creative, & e-commerce teams to uncover insights and develop, test, and optimize creative assets and landing pages across new and existing paid media channels.
- Manage relationships with agency partners to consistently improve channel & campaign level metrics
What You'll Need
- 4-5+ years on a growth marketing team of a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup (or supporting agency) with a proven track record of success.
- Expertise in managing multi-channel paid marketing campaigns and a deep understanding of best practices across key growth marketing channels (Search, Paid Social, Display, Audio, Streaming Video, etc).
- Bias towards analytics and measurement, and extensive experience with having your work measured against or towards revenue-related goals.
- Comfort and ease working with finance teams to align on budgets, financial targets and the measurement of key financial performance metrics (i.e., CAC, ROAS etc.).
- Proven track record of developing frameworks and workflows that enable teams to achieve peak performance.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Excel, Looker, and Asana or similar platforms.
- Experience working with a complex, segmented, customer base.
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
Business Development Representative
The Business Development Team works across the three important areas of hairdressers’ interactions with Hairstory: Recruitment, Onboarding and Account Management. Regardless of focus, each member of the team functions as an individual contributor, with clear personal responsibility for delivering specific results, services and projects. As such, everyone on the team has clear accountability and therefore the opportunity to demonstrate the success required for advancement within the organization. This position will focus on lead acquisition and converting of new accounts. This is a start-up environment with room for growth and candidates will be expected to willingly and enthusiastically wear many hats.
What You'll Do
- Manage inbound inquiries from prospective hairdressers via our website and social media channels
- Strategize outbound outreach via social media, ads, email campaigns, events, and networking
- Educate and convert prospects to active accounts to meet monthly activation goals
Hairdresser Community Strategy
- Obtain a thorough knowledge of the hairdressing industry and culture
- Work closely with the Business Development team to strategize Hairdresser initiatives with the following results in mind:
- drive sales
- strengthen relationships with our current accounts
- provide an aspirational community that prospective hairdressers will want to join
What You'll Need
- Obtain a thorough knowledge of the hairdressing industry and cultureOutgoing and engaging – strong interpersonal skills that develop meaningful relationships
- Highly organized – able to manage multiple tasks/deliverables at the same time without dropping the ball
- Proactive and takes initiative – doesn’t wait to be told to identify and tackle a problem
- Creative problem solving – always looking for ways to improve the process
- Strong cultural fit – interested in hair/fashion/style, creative cultures, thinking differently and celebrating diversity and individuality
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic references
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Working at Hairstory affords the opportunity to align you personal beliefs and passions, with your daily work.
We're a small, tight-knit, rapidly growing company that is passionate about making a positive change in the beauty industry.
- Medical, dental and vision care
- 401K program
- Membership for Citibike
Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will help the company build out its finance and accounting engine as we evolve from a bootstrapped startup to a powerful growth business. They will have extensive FP&A experience, strong knowledge of accounting, and a passion for partnering with key stakeholders to drive awareness, growth and optimization throughout the business. They will “drive the news” in addition to “reporting the news”.
This is an entrepreneurial role within an entrepreneurial organization and will drive many aspects of strategy and finance including business intelligence, KPI development and reporting, business planning, demand planning and forecasting.
The role will report to our CEO, Eli Halliwell, and be located at our company’s NYC headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Build Strategic Finance Engine:
The role will partner closely with the CEO and other key leaders to build out the strategic finance competency within the organization incorporating best-in-class tools and processes tailored to our business. They will drive and manage the budget process and guide key financial decision making for the business throughout the year.
Partner with “The Business” to Define and Drive KPIs:
The role will partner with Operations, Sales, Product and Marketing leadership to identify, refine and implement best-in-class KPIs/reporting packages to ensure “the business” is armed with the required tools and levers to monitor, drive and improve performance as well as identify/get-ahead of trends at all levels. They will drive corporate development activities such as pricing strategy and new product launches through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Demand Planning and Inventory Management:
Partner with the Marketing and Sales organization to architect and manage a demand planning tool and resulting inventory build schedule to support the company’s global expansion.
- Lead Accounting Functions:
The role will manage the ongoing Accounting function inclusive of the monthly close, proactive cash flow forecasting, tax planning, management of accounting systems and infrastructure and oversight of external audit, tax and legal relationships. The role will ensure our company complies with all GAAP, federal, state and local laws.
Partner with key business leaders on the design and implementation of a functional ERP system to support the company’s global expansion.
- Oversee Business Intelligence:
The role will be responsible for defining and executing an ongoing business intelligence roadmap, partnering heavily with data and business leaders to facilitate automated and customizable reporting for all levels of the business.
- Drive Strategic Roadmap:
The role will participate heavily in the creation and management of a long-term strategic blueprint for the business, inclusive of business and growth forecasting, capital requirements for human capital and physical expansion, valuation implications of key business decisions, etc.
Act as Executive Sponsor:
The role will partner with the CEO and broader executive team to shape strategy, surface roadblocks and potential issues, and ensure consistent company alignment on opportunities and challenges.
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A or finance, ideally related to high-growth DTC companies, preferably with a physical product.
- Experience in driving favorable business outcomes through the development of KPIs, budgets, forecasting tools, strategic plans, etc.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to drive results.
- Strong financial modeling skills are essential. The candidate should be an expert in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and concepts.
- Experience in partnering heavily with technology, product and engineering teams to ensure the tech roadmap matches the finance requirements/priorities.
- Experience with fast-growing startups building for scale.
- Previous experience with M&A (either driving or directly supporting the process) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (content creation for decks, dashboards, etc.)
- Knowledge of BI reporting packages strongly preferred. Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related discipline required. MBA and/or experience in an analyst program helpful.
Ownership and Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes and accuracy of work-product. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver best-in-class work-output, in the face of high growth and unexpected twists and turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing and improving. Incredible attention to detail.
Team Leadership: Passionate, high integrity leader who can grasp and drive our DNA. Genuinely excited to spend time with other business leaders, team members and customers. Balances inspiration and accountability and is seen as a “trusted partner” to the business.
Strategic Orientation and Growth/Scale Mindset: Has an ability to both develop a strategy and lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with open-mindedness and respect for team, peers, and leaders. Can think high and low. Possesses the intellectual horsepower/problem solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex problems.
Effective Communication Skills: High integrity, no-nonsense approach. Knows how to communicate through the brand voice and at all levels of the organization. Understands how to communicate through a decentralized organization. Quick and to the point. Welcomes radical candor from above and below. An active listener.Innovation and Entrepreneurialism: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. Leans in harder when times are good. Balances scrappiness and execution with business maturity, prioritization and thoughtfulness. Is curious, agile, a self-starter and welcomes challenge as a conduit to improvement. Can be creative with resources and has a history of getting things done in complex environments and flat hierarchies.
Collaboration and Influencing: Will have the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection and collaboration across the business. Brings the “playbook” to the table but has the flexibility and humbleness to adapt to business and stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill and experience with generosity, willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative and analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes. Possesses the confidence to “push back” on other leaders using facts and data to support opinions.
Head of Product & E-Commerce (P&E)
The Head of P&E will be a commercially-oriented and people-focused leader with a strong strategic business mind on top of the requisite knowledge and experience set. The ideal candidate will have a technical product/product management background, having worked closely through the development process on many E-Commerce products in the consumer category, and be comfortable managing complex data solutions. The Head of P&E will own the ideation and implementation of new features and functionality to our digital product and will partner with the sales, marketing and creative teams to deliver best-in-class experiences to our customers. As innovators in our field, we are constantly inventing new ways to interact with our customers, and we have a long backlog of wish-list ideas to explore.
This promises to be a very dynamic role, and will require creativity, entrepreneurialism and agility combined with a rigorous adherence to process and intense focus on the details of implementation.
This is an ideal role for someone who aspires to become a CEO themselves one day, and they will be mentored and coached by a senior leadership team that has decades of experience developing future leaders.
What You'll Do
- Own and optimize the digital product roadmap with a keen focus on meeting and exceeding key customer and financial metrics.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s front and back-end technology, from UX to transaction processing to reporting. This includes ongoing evaluation of our current custom E-Commerce platform vs. off-the-shelf solutions.
- Own the P&L on key funnel metrics such as website conversion, spend, repeat purchase, etc. Partner with other leaders within the business to continue to define, measure and improve performance.
- Manage existing team and continue to build out a world-class team leveraging both internal resources and agencies. Manage all technical agency relationships.
- Partner cross-functionally with design, marketing, and operations to define and refine business requirements for all site updates and product launches.
- Contribute to company-wide strategic planning, implementation, and performance.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of product management experience collaborating with agile development teams at relevant businesses.
- Depth of technical knowledge and experience working with a large volume of data.
- A proven track record of developing engaging digital products that surprise and delight customers.
- E-commerce experience within DTC is a must.
- Proven experience driving favorable business outcomes across customer and financial KPIs.
- Experience defining requirements for complex purchase flows across mobile and desktop devices, ideally with paid subscription models.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual) and an ability to propose ideas across teams, and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another.
- Strong understanding of technology development best practices. Track record of converting business needs into requirements and product development strategies.
- User-obsessed, data driven and deliver that approach to your decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs.
- Looking to be part of a mission-driven company fueling sustainability and environmental impact.
Data Driven Growth/Optimization/Scale Mindset: Has an ability to both develop a strategy and lead the organization in its execution. Eager to take on new challenges with open-mindedness and a winning-mindset, while respecting team, peers, and leaders. Can think high and low. Possesses the intellectual horsepower/problem solving ability to lead the charge on tackling complex problems. Uses data/analytics to drive business decision-making and pushes the organization to build out and utilize BI/analytics capability.
Ownership and Mastery of Craft: Focused on outcomes. Able to deliver on commitments while installing the right amount of process to enable steady performance. Flexible in approach to deliver quality and brand excellence, in the face of high growth and unexpected twists and turns. A relentless execution expert with confidence in her/his expertise in core areas. Always learning, optimizing and improving.
Collaboration and Influencing: Will have the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Facilitates connection and collaboration across the business. Brings the “playbook” to the table but has the flexibility and humbleness to adapt to business and stakeholder needs. Will contribute skill and experience with generosity and be willing to work with anyone to drive real business impact. Balances strong quantitative and analytical skills with the emotional intelligence needed to influence organizational outcomes.
Effective Communication Skills: High integrity, no-nonsense approach. Knows how to communicate through the brand voice and at all levels of the organization. Understands how to communicate through a decentralized organization. Quick and to the point. Welcomes radical candor from above and below. An active listener.
Innovation and Entrepreneurialism: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. Leans in harder when times are good. Balances scrappiness and execution with business maturity, prioritization and thoughtfulness. Is curious, agile, a self-starter and welcomes challenge as a conduit to improvement. Can be creative with resources and has a history of getting things done in complex environments and flat hierarchies.