IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- Collection of and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
Below, we describe the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
(a) Types of Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the products and services you use, we may collect different kinds of personal information from or about you.
- Information you provide to us: We collect the personal information you provide—such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, and phone number—when you register with the Site, participate in various activities on this Site, such as ordering products, taking advantage of promotions, entering contests or sweepstakes, responding to surveys, uploading videos, posting messages and/or subscribing to e-newsletters or other mailing lists, Contact Us, apply for employment, or otherwise interact with us.
- Information about payments: If you make a purchase, we collect personal information in connection with the purchase. This information includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, shipping, and contact details.
- Information about use of our services and products:When you visit our Site, we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices through which you access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically. Where available, our services may use GPS, your IP address, and other technologies to determine a device’s approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services.
- Information from third parties: We may collect information from third parties, including business and marketing partners. This includes your contact information from marketing partners when we engage in joint marketing or co-branding activities, your IP address or location information from service providers to offer certain products and services relevant to your location, and data from your social networks to authenticate your product use with us, or that you grant permission to our products or services to access.
(b) How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally speaking, we use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services, and to protect us and our users.
- To provide, improve, and develop our products and services: We use personal information to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using personal information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
If you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we may use the personal information you provide to administer those programs. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain further information about how we use personal information, so we encourage you to read those rules carefully before participating.
- To communicate with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to send you marketing communications in relation to our own products and services; communicate with you about your account, transactions, or employment requests; and inform you about our policies and terms. Additionally, subject to your prior express consent, we may share your personal information with third-party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt out. We may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us.
- To offer and measure targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to personalize your experience with our products and services, on third-party websites and applications, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To promote safety and security: We use personal information to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
For any of the uses of your information described above that require your prior express consent, you may withdraw your consent by Contacting Us.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
As you navigate through any website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
A “cookie” is a bit of information that a website sends to your web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences.
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our Site and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart or product application functionality. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfill your requests.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Site and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our Site and make it easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our Site and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, applications and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customize our websites. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or optout of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and services.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising. Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
- Corporate affiliates and corporate business transactions: We may share personal information with all Company-affiliated companies. In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party.
- Service providers:We disclose personal information to companies that provide services on our behalf, including website hosting, email services, marketing, sponsoring of sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions, auditing, payment processing, fulfilling customer orders, data analytics, providing customer support, conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys, and other services that assist in selling our products and services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
- Security and legal compliance: It may be necessary for us to disclose personal information to comply with law, legal process, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
- Your Privacy Choices
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object to or restrict, at any time, the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may Contact Us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
- California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please Contact Us and include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the request.
- Closing Your Account
Please Contact Us to close your account with respect to the following uses of your personal information:
- providing, improving, and developing our products and services;
- communicating with you;
- sharing your personal information with third-party partners for marketing communications;
- offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services; or
- promoting safety and security.
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and we may delete any or all of your information without liability. We may retain, however, information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or for legitimate purposes, such as analysis of non-personal information, account recovery, auditing our records, or enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements.
- Third Party Websites and Services
This Site may contain links to the websites of third parties not affiliated with the Company. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on any of these other websites, including any websites that may indicate a special relationship or “partnership” with the Company. The Company does not disclose unique identifiers to those responsible for the linked sites. The linked sites, however, may collect personal information from you when you link to their website. This collecting of information is not subject to the control of the Company. To ensure protection of your privacy, always review the privacy policies of the websites you visit by linking from this Site.
- Do Not Track
Some browsers may give you the ability to enable “Do Not Track” functionality. We do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
- Information Security, Integrity, and Retention
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your Hairstory account, credentials, computer, or other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or personal information has been compromised, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under age 16, and no part of our Site is designed to attract anyone under age 16. Please do not communicate with or otherwise contact us if you are under age 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16—or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States—we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
- Information Transfers, Storage, and Processing Globally
When we share your personal information with our partners, our affiliated companies, and service providers, your personal information may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission, or rely on alternative legal bases such as the Privacy Shield, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
- Contact Us
You may contact us at Hair Ventures, c/o Eli Halliwell, 94 Fargo Lane, Irvington, NY 10533. You may also write to us via e-mail at email@example.com or contact us by telephone at 646-725-0343.
- Other Terms